Abhishek Pareek comes from India’s north-western state Rajasthan. Prior to beginning his Ph.D. studies at the Central University of Rajasthan under the direction of Dr. Srinivasarao Yaragorla, he received his master’s degree from the Jai Narain Vyas University in Jodhpur. His graduate research was focused on catalysis and methodology development. Then, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow (November 2020 to January 2023) at the University of Warsaw, Poland, under the supervision of Dr. Marcin Kalek. His postdoctoral research was focused on the dearomatization of pyridinium salts under Morita-Baylis-Hillman conditions. Apart from chemistry Abhishek likes cricket, music, cooking, and exploring new places.
Funding: National Science Centre SONATA16
- Regioselective Dearomatization of N-Alkylquinolinium and Pyridinium Salts under Morita-Baylis-Hillman Conditions, Abhishek Pareek, M. Kalek, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2022, 364, 2846-2851.
- Synthetic Applications of Ambiphilic C-Acylimines in Organic Synthesis, Abhishek Pareek, G. Singh, S. Yaragorla, Asian J. Org. Chem, 2022, DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.202200395
- [3+2]-Annulation of oxindolinyl-malononitriles with Morita–Baylis–Hillman acetates of nitroalkenes for the regio- and diastereoselective synthesis of spirocyclopentane-indolinones, Abhishek Pareek, Sudheesh TS, I. N. N. Namboothiri, Tetrahedron, 2022, 108, 132650
- Synthesis and inhibition studies towards the discovery of benzodiazepines as potential antimalarial compounds, Drista Sharma, Abhishek Pareek, Hemant Arya, Rani Soni, Praveen Rai, Akhil Agrawal, Surendra Nimesh, Diwakar Kumar, Srinivasarao Yaragorla, Tarun Kumar Bhat, Exp. Parasitol. 2022, DOI: 10.1016/j.exppara.2022.108411
- Aryldiazoquinoline based multifunctional small molecules for modulating Aβ42 aggregation and cholinesterase activity related to Alzheimer’s disease. Monika Rana, Abhishek Pareek, Shivani Bhardwaj, Geeta Arya, Surendra Nimesh, Hemant Arya, Tarun K. Bhatt, Srinivasarao Yaragorla* and Anuj K. Sharma*, RSC Adv. 2020, 10, 28827-28837
- Ca (II)‐Mediated Regioselective One‐pot Sequential Annulation of Acyclic compounds to Polycyclic Fluorenopyrans, S. Yaragorla*, P. Rajesha, Abhishek Pareeka, A. Kumara, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2018, 360, 4422-4428; aequally contributed
- Electrophilic cyclization of 2-Aminophenylprop-1-yn-3-ols to 3-Iodo-6-(aryldiazenyl) quinolines in a one-pot, Azo-coupling and Iodo-cyclization sequence, S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2018, 1863-1871
- Regioselective Intramolecular Annulations beta-enamino esters: A Diversity Oriented synthesis of nitrogen-Privileged molecules from 2-Aminoaryl ketones S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, Tetrahedron Lett., 2018, 59, 909-913
- Regioselective Synthesis of 1,4 & 1,5-Enynes through a Ca(II)- Catalyzed Cross-Dehydrative- Coupling of Styrenes and Propargyl alcohols, S. Yaragorla*, R. Dada, Abhishek Pareek, ChemistrySelect, 2018, 3, 495-499
- Cycloisomerization of Oxindole-Derived 1,5-Enynes: A Calcium (II)-Catalyzed One-Pot, Solvent-free Synthesis of Phenanthridinones, 3-(Cyclopentenylidene) indolin-2-ones and 3- Spirocyclic Indolin-2-ones, S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2017, 359, 3068-3075.
- Single-Step Synthesis of 3-Iodoquinolines from 2-Aminophenyl Ketones through a Regioselective (6-endo-dig) Electrophilic Cyclization), S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, P. L. Saini, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2017, 4600-4608.
- Regioselective Annulation of Propargyl Alcohols with Ambident-Enols: A Ca (II)- Catalyzed trisubstituted Benzochromene Synthesis, S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, Tetrahedron Lett., 2017, 58, 4642-4647.
- nBu4NPF6 promoted regioselective cascade synthesis of functionally embellished naphthofurans under acid, metal & solvent free conditions, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, M. Rana, A. K. Sharma, S. Yaragorla*, RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 89732.
- A Calcium Catalysed Regioselective (5-Exo Dig) Tandem Process for the Synthesis of Fully Substituted Furans, S. Yaragorla*, R. Dada, Abhishek Pareek, G. Singh, RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 28865-28870.
- Ca (II)-Catalyzed Regioselective Cascade Synthesis of Oxindolyl- Naphthofurans through Meyer- Schuster type Rearrangement, S. Yaragorla*, R. Dada, G. Singh, Abhishek Pareek, M. Rana, A. K. Sharma, ChemistrySelect 2016, 1, 6902.
- Calcium (II) Catalyzed Regioselective Dehydrative Cross Coupling Reactions: Practical Synthesis of internal alkenes and benzopyrans, S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, Tetrahedron Lett., 2016, 57, 5841-5845.
- A facile One Pot Domino reaction for the stereoselective synthesis of acryl derivatives promoted by Ca(OTf)2, S. Yaragorla*, P. L. Saini, Abhishek Pareek, Tetrahedron Lett., 2016, 57, 2034.
- Microwave Assisted Benzylation of Naphthols and 4-Hydroxycoumarin under Catalyst & Solvent Free Conditions, S. Yaragorla*, R. Dada, G. Singh, Abhishek Pareek and S. Kausar, Tetrahedron Lett. 2016, 57, 3739-3742.
- Ca(II) catalyzed, one-pot four component synthesis of functionally embellished benzyl pyrazolyl coumarins in water, S. Yaragorla*, Abhishek Pareek, R. Dada, Tetrahedron Lett. 2015, 56, 4770- 4774
- Alkaline earth metal catalyzed, one-pot, multicomponent approach for the synthesis of dihydropyridine, acridine and xanthene derivatives in water, S. Yaragorla*, G. Singh, Abhishek Pareek, Ind. J. Chem. B. 2015, 54, 1321-1326.