Maciek studied chemistry at the University of Warsaw, graduating in 2012. He continued his academic career in Prof. Tomasz Bauer’s group at UW studying towards his Ph.D. He developed new sugar-based phosphoramidites and applied them in asymmetric synthesis as ligands, obtaining his Ph.D. in 2016. At the beginning of 2017, he undertook his postdoctoral fellowship in the group of Prof. Janusz Jurczak at the Institute of Organic Chemistry (IOC) Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS), where he was investigating new hybrid phase-transfer catalysts and their application in asymmetric synthesis. Apart from organic chemistry, Maciek enjoys spending time outdoors. He is passionate about fishing. In addition to the broadly understood nature, Maciek is a cooking lover, so he constantly tests his new dishes on his friends.
- Majdecki, M.*; Grodek, P.; Jurczak, J., Stereoselective α-chlorination of β-keto esters in the Presence of Hybrid Amide-Based Cinchona Alkaloids as Catalysts., Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2020, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.0c02486.
- Majdecki, M.; Tyszka-Gumkowska, A.; Jurczak, J., Highly Enantioselective Epoxidation of α,β-Unsaturated KetonesUsing Amide-Based Cinchona Alkaloids as Hybrid Phase-Transfer Catalysts., Organic Letters, 2020, 22, 8687–869.
- Swięch, O.; Krzak, A.; Majdecki, M.; Gąsiorowska, W.; Bilewicz, R., Water-soluble galactosamine derivative of β-cyclodextrin as protective ligand and targeted carrier for delivery of toxic anthracycline drug., International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2020, 589, 119834.
- Swięch, O.; Majdecki, M.; Opuchlik, L. J.; Bilewicz, R., Impact of pH and cell medium on the interaction of doxorubicin with lipoic acid cyclodextrin conjugate as the drug carrier., Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, 2020, 97, 129-136.
- Majdecki, M.; Niedbała, P.; Jurczak, J., Synthesis of C2 Hybrid Amide-Based PTC Catalysts and Their Comparison with Saturated Analogues., ChemistrySelect, 2020, 5, 6424-6429.
- Niedbała, P.; Majdecki, M.; Dąbrowa, K.; Jurczak, J., Selective Carboxylate Recognition Using Urea-Functionalized Unclosed Cryptands: Mild Synthesis and Complexation Studies., Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2020, 85, 5058-5064.
- Majdecki, M.; Niedbała, P.; Jurczak, J., Amide-Based Cinchona Alkaloids as Phase-Transfer Catalysts: Synthesis and Potential Application., Organic Letters, 2019, 21, 8085-8090.
- Majdecki, M; Krzak, A; Żelechowska, K; Swięch, O., Monosubstituted hydrazone β-cyclodextrin derivatives for pH-sensitive complex formation with aromatic drugs., Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, 2019, 93, 77-83.
- Krzak, A.; Swięch, O.; Majdecki, M.; Bilewicz, R., Complexing daunorubicin with β-cyclodextrin derivative increases drug intercalation into DNA., Electrochimica Acta, 2017, 247, 139-148.
- Swięch, O.; Majdecki, M.; Dębinski, A.; Krzak A.; Stępkowski, T. M.; Wójciuk, G.; Kruszewski, M.; Bilewicz, R., Competition between self-inclusion and drug binding explains the pH dependence of the cyclodextrin drug carrier – molecular modeling and electrochemistry studies., Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 16733-16742.
- Dąbrowa, K.; Niedbała, P.; Majdecki, M.; Duszewski, P.; Jurczak, J., A General Method for Synthesis of Unclosed Cryptands via H-Bond Templated Macrocyclization and Subsequent Mild Post-Functionalization., Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 4774-4777.
- Majdecki, M.; Jurczak, J.; Bauer, T., Palladium‐Catalyzed Enantioselective Allylic Substitution in the Presence of Monodentate Furanoside Phosphoramidites., ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 799-807.
- Bauer, T.; Majdecki, M., Carbohydrates as ligands for enantioselective synthesis., Current Organic Chemistry, 2014, 18, 1749-1767.
- Bauer, T.; Majdecki, M.; Smoliński, S.; Jurczak, J., Enantioselective alkynylation of aromatic and aliphatic aldehydes catalyzed by titanium(IV) complex of D-glucosamine-derived sulphonamides., Current Organic Chemistry, 2014, 18, 1218-1224.
- Bauer, T.; Majdecki, M.; Jurczak, J., Sugar-based monodentate phosphoramidite ligands for Cu-catalyzed enantioselective conjugate addition to enones., Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 1930-1939.